Thursday, October 1, 2009

"Old Brown Boot"

"Old Brown Boot"
step 3 (maybe finished??)
oil on canvas board, 18"x 24"
in progress?

I think I am done with this old brown boot but it got hard and my head needs a break. I think I need to let it sit for a few days and look again. I will put a price on it when I feel completely finished. Somehow, I want more contrast but I was also struggling with reflected glare in my studio today and I lost perspective. Any thoughts about this one? Thanks for the continuing comments. Sometimes it feels like I paint in a vacuum and it is good to hear from the outside world about my work... K

1 comment:

  1. This particular boot reminds me so much of dad. He was a garbage man for years and always wore this style of boot to work, navy work pants, and a white tee... Funny what the mind invokes...

    ReplyDelete