Monday, March 15, 2010

"Brave Cone"

"Brave Cone"
homage to Brandon Bird
oil on board, 11" x 14"

Hat Rack
acrylic on wood

Ahhh. I've been working soooo hard lately with much to show eventually. It is auction season here and I have many projects in the works and I'm still working on my May show. This hat rack was a commission from a friend of mine and is finally finished. There are tons of details in this but only show close up.

The oil above called "Brave Cone" in an homage to Brandon Bird's work called "Brave Cone Dog". He is the brother of a friend of mine and she turned me on to his cool work!! Check it out here. I was influenced by his piece and wanted to paint something like it in my current theme- food. It lent itself well...

I am in the final stages of a giant painting (54" x 54")and some mosaic work I will post soon.

1 comment:

  1. The cone is fab! Beedle Bug Soft Banana Mulligan Bird would surely approve.

    ReplyDelete