Saturday, April 3, 2010

"Part of a Balanced Breakfast!"


"Part of a Balanced Breakfast!"
oil on canvas, 40" x 40"
Favorite 15% of Boldbrush painting Competition!
September 2010
SOLD
Now this was fun to paint... Although it was hard to buy. I live on an island full of vegetarians, vegans, and people living off the land. It is crunchy to say the least and going into the grocery store and purchasing a box of Froot Loops without anyone seeing me was a challenge. I even had second thoughts about painting this but the neon colors and texture took me away. NOT that there is anything wrong with Froot Loops except for the fact that the very first ingredient is sugar. Enjoy.

Never having had this kind of cereal ever in their lives (at my house at least), my children were beside themselves when I brought them home. One hated them and won't go near them, the other has rationed them out so he can make it through the rest of the box over a couple of weeks, but then his other favorite food is bacon. What's a mother to do?

3 comments:

  1. Your post is funny Kristen, but this painting is fabulous!! We have never been Fruit Loop eaters either but we all know what they look like.
    p.s.your neighbors will be on to you soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fruit Loops! I love Fruit Loops! Cracked up at your story of sneaking to buy them. You did such a great job on this. Love all the colors and you did such a great job with the reflections on the bowl and the surrounding milk. And the spoon. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Kristen your painting is wondrful!

    ReplyDelete