Monday, April 11, 2011


"Last Light Rainier"
oil on board, 9" x 11 1/2"
SOLD
This is a view of Mount Rainier from my neighborhood on the island. It can be so beautiful with the last light on it. It never ceases to amaze me.

"Framed"
oil on canvas, 5" x 7"

I have never done a self portrait because it is just plain scary but I have committed myself to a local self portrait show in June. Here is my first attempt. I should add that this is tiny and the edges are painted in lime green which bring out the unusual colors I added to my face. I felt in an expressionist mood when I did this. Double click for a closer look at colors...

1 comment:

  1. The Mt Rainier painting is breathtaking, Kristin - I can see why you love living there! And the self portrait is FUN - it's interesting to see how we each see ourselves!

    ReplyDelete