Wednesday, May 18, 2011

"Happy Buddha" and "Tilly II" and THANKS

"Happy Buddha"
oil on board, 10" x 8"
SOLD
I have this really wide ornate gold frame that I found not too long ago and I've had it in my mind to paint a happy or laughing Buddha that would poke a bit of fun at the seriousness of the frame. This little statue is just perfect! It was truly fun to paint with all the different colors and shine on the metal. I may try more versions...

"Tilly II"
oil on board, 8" x 8"
SOLD

My first version of my friend's dog Tilly sold before she got to see the painting so I painted another one for her. She was still smiling at me!

And THANKS to all the wonderful friends and patrons who came and my made open studio show a terrific success! I truly appreciate you all making the trip to Vashon and supporting the arts on our beautiful island!

Be sure to look for me at the Bellevue ArtsFair in Bellevue, WA on July 29, 30, 31.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful Buddha, Kristen. Your reddish-orange background behind him is perfect!

    ReplyDelete