Friday, May 27, 2011

Second Place Award!! and more...


"Vashon Time"
oil on board,
14" x 18"
SOLD
My clock painting is finally finished with it's glazed colors and ready for delivery
AND

"Tiny Ballerina"
oil on board,
"3 1/2 x 8"

This is my small ( I should say SO tiny for me!!) painting for the day. Love the colorful tutu.
AND my big news...

"The Stare"
oil on canvas, 24" x 36"
Winner!
SOLD

This piece, I just found out, won Second Place at the Sequim International Juried Art Show, right behind best of show (which was a beautiful wire sculpture.) I am so excited to have this piece recognized, especially as it took considerable time this year to complete and I was painting in the old world technique which is relatively new to me. Thank you to the Juror and all the people involved in the show up there!! I am deeply honored.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Kristen! I love the clock painting, it's fabulous...as is all of your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing work! Congratulations on the award!

    ReplyDelete