Tuesday, September 22, 2009

"Awaiting New Paint"

"Awaiting New Paint"
oil on board, 12"x 12"
SOLD
This old barn is just down the street from me. It's been mostly scraped and ready for painting. I love the sun on the cosmos right next to it. It's a beautiful day.



"Bach Stradivarius"
oil on canvas board, 16"x 20"
$425 plus $15 shipping

I put the finishing touches on my trumpet painting this morning. I really like how it came out.
I paint in 2 styles at this point. The difference is apparent when I choose a canvas verses board. Canvas I like for softer edges and more detail, and board for more impressionistic paintings. Today I have one of each...

3 comments:

  1. I enjoyed visiting your blog today, lovely work! today's barn image really caught my eye with your dramatic lighting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The barn is beautifully stated...perfect!

    ReplyDelete