I want to thank my fellow blogger Claire Beadon Carnell for awarding me with this honor! Check out her beautiful work as well as the others on her award list. I am so pleased to be recognized by other painters and excited to send this award on to 7 of my favorites as well. I love being part of the online art community and it spurs me on to keep painting daily with all the others out there.
To accept this award I'm supposed to tell you 7 things about myself and pass it on to 7 other artists. Here goes:
1. I played the french horn for 29 years (13 professionally) before retiring it to a closet.
2. I love painting so much I don't even miss the french horn one bit.
3. My one addiction is coffee, I should say lattes...
4. I have 5 cats (sadly one still missing), 10 chickens and volunteer in my local pet shelter.
5. I love living on an island in the Pacific Northwest even when the ferries are challenging...
6. My husband and I designed and built my 5 sided studio and all the walls lean out at 6 degrees.
7. I am a breast cancer survivor (way to young...) of 6 years and still going strong.
The artists and bloggers I pass this on to are all incredible and I have found out about their work from looking online and many of them participate in Karin Jurick's Different Strokes from Different Folks blog challenges. Check them out and thank you again to Claire for the award!
Carolee S. Clark for her incredible mix of reality and abstract qualities and cows.
Dana Cooper for her soft edges and terrific colors.
Kerri Settle for making landscapes seem easy and so soft.
Gwen Bell for her animals and still life.
Annie Salness for her figures and terrific style.
Lesley Spanos for the incredible warm colors.
Diane Morgan for the reflections and bees.