Monday, February 15, 2010

"Cascading Chips"

"Cascading Chips"
oil on canvas, 36"x 24"

I'm adding another to my current collection of Food pieces that I'm working on. I'm not sure if it's because food in universal, we all think about it everyday, or because we all have secret cravings, maybe even things hidden deep in a drawer somewhere... I'm still painting very large and loving it. This is only the second (third in you count my new Swedish Fish up above) of 7 that I have finished. They are still taking about a week each, wish it could be faster.

Anybody out there willing to share their secret craving ideas???... I'm looking for more to paint.

3 comments:

  1. Great piece..... makes me wants some. At that size it will be difficult to resist not eating some.... lol
    I have a hard time resisting Ben & Jerry's Coffee heath bar crunch ... oh so yummy ! so I don't buy it...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH, try not to worry about the time each one takes - they are fabulous - and deserve their time! I do a lot of food, too, and I think it's great because you can do whatever you WANT with it in terms of composition. I have a bunch of canvases ready to go in a larger size, but have been hesitating. After seeing your wonderful 'chips' I'm imbued with courage - thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet this is stunning at full size. I really love the composition, with all the chips pouring out at the viewer. Funny that I can't think of a secret craving right now, considering that I have a perpetual sweet tooth. Strawberry shortcake, maybe?

    ReplyDelete