Tuesday, February 16, 2010

"Never Ending Glass"

"Never Ending Glass"
oil on canvas, 36" x 24"
SOLD

Yet another craving of many I know... How that first sip is so bubbly and cold, especially after being poured over a huge amount of ice. Mmmm. Hot summer day, ice cold coke. I don't have one very often but then sometimes you just can't help yourself.

Ice was quite something to paint, especially really large. And then I couldn't leave off the sweat on the glass. It had so much texture when I looked closely. Lots of layers and tons of small shapes here to get the look I wanted.

4 comments:

  1. These are fabulous. You did a great job on that ice, sweat and transparency. It will be a wonderful series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another sensational piece, Kristen! Would really like to see it "full size"...Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristen, I'm a new fan of your blog and I've given you a Sunshine Award. If you'd like to pick it up, just go to my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kristin--

    I was thinking about you the other day and wondering what you were up to artistically and otherwise and decided to google you. I found your blog and am just amazed. I knew you had been doing the Oaxaca style furniture but didn't know you'd taken up oil painting. I can't believe how far you've come in such a short period of time! You totally capture the sensuousness of the foods you paint, their aura of delicious temptation. I especially admire the Endless Glass--makes me feel like having a Coke right now! Congratulations on your beautiful work and on finding an expressive medium that suits you so well.

    I'm still freelancing and doing mosaics about half time each although I don't work nearly as fast as you do. If you feel like having a look, here's the link to my blog: tschreiber.wordpress.com

    All the best to you,
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete