Tuesday, February 9, 2010

New Paintings


"Jelly Runneth Over"
oil on canvas, 24" x 48"
Fav 15% of Fine Art Studio Online Competition
SOLD
Thank you to those of you who follow and are still out there now when I am coming back to blogging my new work... I have been painting everyday but have endeavored to do large works that take me about a week each. They are more detailed and up close have lots and lots of paint. I feel like I found a real piece of myself in the idea of painting small things large. I have always wanted look at things close in a macro sense. So here is the first of the bunch from this months work.

AND I 'm very excited to say that it was chosen in the Fav 15% of the Fine Art Studio Online competition for January. Click here to check out all the fine works. It's a real honor as there were something like 750 entries.

So, I will be continuing to post works on this blog but it will be more slowly than before as I am loving to paint large.

This piece will also be for sale in my upcoming show at The Silverwood Gallery in May and June of this year along with a host of many other big paintings.

3 comments:

  1. WOW Kristen. I enlarged this to have a better look and it is amazing. It must be outstanding in person. I think you are on to something - happy painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful Kristen, this and your other large pieces are really well executed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog and this painting blows me away! It's fabulous! Congratulations re the show - well deserved!

    ReplyDelete